Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winter Weather and Playground Rules

This week in kindergarten, we spent time outside practicing safe play on the playground.
Rules we reviewed:
Walk to our locker and quietly get our winter gear.
Zip our coats before we go outside, if we need help find it.
Walk outside.
Play in the safe areas following the rules.
When the recess rings, line up as soon as you can.
Wait in line in your own bubble until it's your class' turn to go in.


Speaking of winter gear!
Rules of the Pence Playground for when the snow flies:
All children must wear boots and snow pants to be able to play in the snow.
Often the blacktop is cleared so if you forget your gear you will be expected to stay on the blacktop.
If your child often wears boots to school now, you will still need to provide a second pair of inside shoes. For example I ofen wear my brown furry boots to school but if I have duty I change into snow boots so my feet stay warm and dry and our carpet stays clean and safe.

If you have questions please contact me at school!

Next week I will be blogging more about popcorn words aka sight words and how to help your child work on word families!
Have a great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment